"....then gather the wheat and bring it into my barn...."

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

How to Keep them (and you) Going.

This is a great time of year for schooling.  We've been stuck indoors for weeks and we've waved goodbye to Christmas a long time ago.  It's perfect for getting so much done academically.  It can also begin to drag a bit right about now.  Summer seems far away.  Spring break, too, is not close enough for motivation.   Even I find myself dragging through lessons with little excitement.  Enter:  beach party day!

Could this be any more low tech???

What is Beach Party day?  Are we taking an expensive Florida vacation?



I wish....We'll just spend the day doing school and pretending it's warm and sunny.  We'll eat Popsicles and wear shorts and swimsuits.  We'll put beach towels near a sunny window.  Maybe there will even be a Frisbee.  I don't know everything yet, but it feels so good to work toward something.  We're working on this one as a group, although we've had individual incentives before.  I think working together helps us encourage one another.  Kids get stickers for hard work, good attitudes, and kind words.  I get students who are excited to work hard.

2 comments:

MissMOE said...

Yup, it's that time of year! Time for the homeschool blues. What a great plan you've come up!

Marsha Cooper said...

neat idea and lots of fun too